Friday, September 18, 2009

One two buckle my shoe

Being one of five siblings...lets just say there is never a dull moment. The story begins like so...

Colter, my 21 year old brother came to visit our family in good old kalispell, Montana for a week. My mom had been insisting that we must get our family pictures done because we were all home at once.

Three days before, the hunt for a shirt began. It had to be something somewhat coordinated, not stained, and that actually fit. Shirts like that are hard to come by in my house. " How about this?" the dirtball of a six year old proudly held up his wrinkled American Flag shirt. " Well, I don't think that will exactly work Seth, its not fourth of July anymore..." A look of defeat swept across his face.

" Do you have your shirt picked out for family pictures?" The twenty three year old fashion consultant yelled from the bathroom.

" No, not yet, but I will by tommorrow!"

Saturday morning I snuck upstairs thinking about my ingenious plan of getting up and getting to the bathroom before anyone else was even up, but much to my suprise, Tom, Dick, and Harry (aka Sasha, Kirsten, and Sophie) cheerfully greeted me over the loud hair blow dryers and smoking curling irons( just joking it wasn't that bad)
" Hey girls why are you up so early?"
" You know wanted to get up before Mom Dad and Seth get up cus you know everyone will want to get into the bathroom.
"Get outta the bathroom girls, come on, I need to fix my hair!" my older brothers impatient voice boomed from outside the door."

Twenty minutes later.

" Everyone have brown shoes?" Olivia, are you seriously thinking about wearing that ugly shirt. Dad, you hair looks like you just rolled out of bed. UGHH how are these pictures ever going to turn out ok...

( To be continued)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

I think you have 5 siblings. You make 6.

You crack me up.

September 19, 2009 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger not gonna lie said...

haha
looks like i need to proof read:)
so any suggestions on these pieces?
haha I am a bad speller

September 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Wow. Roskos family parade ftw!

September 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Martha A. said...

It is even worse when you have more siblings.....I hate family pictures....HATE!!!

September 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home